Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Manda's Sick - Interlude

Thanks, everyone, for the well-wishes, the gifts, treats, visits, care, love, and concern you've shown over the last few days. This has been a real challenge, and we feel absolutely bathed in love.

Amanda got a brief respite from hospitalization today: her transfer from St. Mary's to MCV came by way of our house. She got a hot shower, time to play and build towers with Alastair, and an opportunity to love on the kitties before I had to take her back.

It was the worst car ride of my whole life. Having her home felt, even just for a moment, like everything was ok. She looked great (hemoglobin was back at 9.7 after 6 units of blood), too, and when she went up the stairs, she had no palpitations. For a little while, at least, our life was normal.

I'll get into her care at MCV tomorrow. Right now I'm emotionally spent. She's getting started on chemo tomorrow, and aside from new names and faces, there's not too much to report.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hang in there, Adrian. Amanda and Alastair are both so very fortunate to have you in their lives. I can't imagine the emotional turmoil behind all of this.

Please let me know how I can make life easier for you. If you need help with Little A on Fridays, I'd be happy to help there. I'm off all day, and he may enjoy the kiddie interaction.

I wish I had some sort of wisdom or uplifting thing to say, but since I don't, just know I'm sending positive energy your way as well.