Thursday, April 24, 2008

Like a giant dildo crushing the sun

So, yeah, if you read about it on Manda's blog, you already know that I've been sick the last couple of days. I spiked a fever of 103.4 on her birthday and watched the entire Matrix trilogy on Wednesday.
I took the opportunity of being unwell yesterday to finally get some blood-work done (that I'd been putting off since October). I think there's a reasonable chance they might find something interesting. I've had 5 fevers in 2008, which is about 4 more than I usually have in a year, and for the past year or so, it's taken up to two months for simple scrapes to fully heal. We'll see.
The fever broke mid-afternoon, and I went down to the hospital and spent the evening with my darling wife. We did nothing in particular, and it was great. I helped her wash her hair in the shower, and supervised the whole shower process lest she should have another orthostatic hypotension episode.

1 comment:

amy =) said...

yeah, i'm sure that was the only reason you supervised shower time ;) i hope they don't find something serious with your b/w, you need to finish getting manda well before anything else goes awry.