Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Meat, meat, & more meat

Churrascaria yummy. Belly not so good. Ugh...

I've eaten at Texas de Brazil 4 times now, and I can never seem to figure out when to stop eating. And then, in spite of the 1/2 lb of salt and 2.3 lbs of meat consumed, I ordered dessert. Damn the torpedoes (and distended bellies)!

I've been waddling around today like a 8.5-month pregnant woman. And then I was treated to lunch at P.F. Chang's! Now I'm well over-due, and my doctor is threatening to induce me.

I did, however, have a great time celebrating with Jeff & Evelyn. The food was freakin' awesome, the wine (a Malbec) was quite tasty, and the evening ended early enough to sit down and watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I think Amanda would have approved.

Tonight I'll spend most of my evening getting ready for a 3-day track event. Woohoo! Hopefully I'll keep my wits about me enough to get some good video of the orange ahamosRACING monster in action.

1 comment:

ev said...

Thanks for dinner. It was WONDERFUL! A real "thank you" is on the way; I'm just slow on the sitting down to write. But I strongly believe in the thank you note so one will be your way soon.
I'm glad you posted the type of wine. I really liked it and keep meaning to message you to ask.

It was a great time and, though I think I kept up with you boys putting away the food, I felt completely satisfied and not at all like I was going to explode. And I LOVED dessert.

I did miss having Manda with us. That will take a long time to get used to.