Friday, March 04, 2005

Motorsport Madness

So tomorrow begins my exciting foray into the wild world of motorsports. I'm entering the "Beware the Rides of March" rally in Windsor, VA. I really have no idea what to expect, aside from a nearly guaranteed loss. This is not pessimism, it's realism.

Some of the entrants are seasoned veterans, and one of them is last year's points-leader for the ODR circuit. Two of the other entrants are also RiverCityMinis members (go RCM!!!), so I can at least root for friends.

Mr. Cronin will be my navigator. My rally-tables are all ready for him, and I'm totally psyched!

The car's as ready as she'll be: SSR's and Avons installed, both sway-bars installed (rear set to full-tight, front set to loose). The control arms aren't in yet, but that would require getting a full alignment, anyway. I'll wait on that until I get the springs. I might perform a software reset just to get some power back, but we'll see.

So I'm lucky #13 in the race! How about that? My first rally, and I get #13. Is it a curse? I didn't get 4,8,15,16,23,42. That's a boon. I was toying with fun ways of decorating my rally-clipboard, when it occurred to my cube-mate that the number looked rather like a pool-ball. I won a bunch of games today, so I'm thinking of 13 as an orange ball with stripes, so maybe that's good luck. Or maybe I just need to go home now.

Gotta go pack.

Rock.

No comments: