Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

It's so nice to be home. I got home earlier than I expected on Friday and got to spend some time with my family. Yay!

I learned a lot in the class, including (and most importantly) that I have a lot of work to do here. Basically I learned that our implementation is a hot mess with absolutely no coherent design philosophy. So I'm gonna work on that, and hopefully save some taxpayer money (or at least spend it more wisely).

Of course, I came back and immediately met resistance from the politicos. Oh, well, such is life.

Speaking of life, I had a wonderful time with Amanda and Little Man this weekend! There's nothing like a week away to make you realize how much your family means. In just those 5 days, Alastair already looked different from how I remembered (that was a shock: they change so fast!).

He was my little buddy all weekend, and we played in the sprinkler, wrestled in the grass, and got a couple of new 18-month toys (he'll be 1.5 on Sunday!). My favorite toy is the PlayMobil 1-2-3 race car and corresponding tow truck (race cars tend to be magnetically attracted to walls, so we had to get a tow truck).

In other Alastair news, he's starting to shuffle-run. It's definitely quicker than a walk, but still a bit too wild to call a proper run. He also has a pretty full head of teeth, with all 8 fronts, at least 3 pre-molars, and the tips of at least 3 canines. Fortunately he still uses all of this munching power predominantly for food, and occasionally toys--not mommy or daddy.

And, he's getting his first hair cut next week. The kid looks like a white trash disaster right now. But it's oh-so-cute.

No comments: