Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm such a geek

So today I'm wearing my newest piece of nerd paraphernalia: a Motorola HS 850 Bluetooth Headset for my LG 8100 cell phone. Wow. The possibilities...

I've had all of two conversations on the thing, but I'm very impressed. Other than the slightly uncomfortable feeling of something bopping against my cheek, it's really freakin' awesome. I can voice-dial, people sound crisp and clear, and I no longer have to mash the phone into my ear to hear over background noise. What's more, I'm free to type with both hands (or continue whatever other activity had my attention prior to the call). It's very light, and will probably sit on my ear on the drive home today.

That's how exciting my life is...

OK, that's a lie: I'll (potentially) be a dad this weekend. Amanda is officially due on Sunday, and we can't wait to meet Alastair. The little dude's been on my mind non-stop for weeks, and the anticipation is killing me. Heaven help us if he's two weeks late.

His room was principally ready on Saturday, and then the crazy women at church held yet another shower, so now we're back into chaos. It'll get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One day, little Alastair will call you on your headset. The two of you will share this special bond that only technology can bring a father and son.

Thinking about you two in the coming hours, days, weeks.