Tuesday, January 17, 2006

2 Days Overdue

Alastair Paul Ramsey Amos is now two days overdue. Amanda went in for a check-up this morning, and they performed an ultra-sound (revealing that he's in the right position, has dropped, and weighs about 8 lbs.) and a non-stress test, checking his heart-rate. He's fine; she's fine, but there's no dilation, so we're in a bit of a holding pattern.

The room is now 90% ready. There's a rocking chair that Amanda's dad is staining for us, and once that's done, the room will be fully prepped.

---

However, since we're in a holding pattern, I figured this weekend was as good as any for some long-overdue car work. I put my "stock" brakes back on yesterday, along with my new Alta end-links. By stock, I mean that the calipers are stock. Everything else is after-market, from the rotors and pads to the fluid, caliper-bushings, and lines. I hope to get out and do some braking tests soon, but I'm anticipating results somewhat similar to the Wilwoods.

There's a new clacking sound, but I can't tell if that's the end-links or the brass bushings on the brakes.

No comments: