Friday, March 19, 2010

19 Days? Really?

Has it really been that long since I last posted?

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. The sun came out and dried up all the rain. The boy's been in a great mood. Facebook Scrabble occupies HOURS of my night. And of course there's the Wii. Oh, and it bears mentioning that my weekends have been off the chizzain.

And work? Oh my God I've rarely been so busy. I'm in the middle of several pilot deployments right now: Google Apps, WebSense hosted security, SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On. And since we're investigating SSO, it's causing us to re-think our login processes for other hosted solutions.

We're booting our offsite backup storage vendor, too, so that's a major overhaul in the works. And, as if all that weren't enough, I'm rolling out Active Directory to new international sites AND I'm still the only dude supporting the servers.

Busy much?

But it's good, because I'm too busy to let my head really wrap around the fact that it's March.

I have the 10K coming up next weekend, and I had to take almost the last month off from training because of a worsening back problem, but yesterday I got my first chance to run on the street. And that's when the emotions really broadsided me. I was less than half a mile from the end of my foreshortened run when I started tearing up. The emotion of WHY I'm running this thing took over. The fact that I was listening to a sad song about lost love probably didn't help,
though.

So anyway, there's all my excuses for not posting. I would promise a post for the anniversary, but I will be out of town visiting museums with a very special boy. But I'll try.

Hope everybody had a good St. Patrick's Day. I drank far less than I should have, but hopefully I can correct that this weekend.

3 comments:

Girl With Curious Hair said...

You're going drinking to celebrate the Persian New Year and all? Have one for me, too. I send you and Alastair much love and wishes that the year ahead (by my calendar) is much better than the one we're putting behind us.

Lainey said...

I'm glad you were able to run again! You've worked really hard to get ready for this and I'm cheering you on (from my couch...with Girl Scout cookies in my hands...but whatever, that part's not important). Good job!

Editor said...

Busy can be a really good thing...it's hard on a heart to take on a full measure, full time, you know?

I just wanted to send you my best wishes, and say best of luck training!