Wednesday, November 11, 2009

'Manda Moment

I just had the best Amanda moment. I was watching the news, and they were reporting on an attempted burglary where the homeowner shot at the perps as they entered the house. He hit one, and that dude's in jail.

Bored by this, I turned off the TV, which takes about 5 seconds to complete. The last thing I heard was a woman--evidently a neighbor--saying "I just hope this sends a clear message that he was tired..."

Instantly I heard Amanda guffawing at that out-of-context gem. And then repeating in her most absurd South Side drawl, "Yeah, I shot his ass. I was real tired."

And just writing that I still can't stop laughing.

3 comments:

dammitjanet said...

Gotta love that.

The Management said...

Lovely.

DeistBrawler said...

Good memories like that are the best memories.

Plus you got the added bonus of laughing by yourself in a silent room. So...you just got to look like a stark raving mad lunatic. Congrats!