Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Daycare for Beeboo

Amanda and I call him Beeboo. Sometimes it's actually hard to remember that he has a real name.

Anyway, he starts daycare next week. He'll be coming to work with me every day! And I can go down to the daycare center and feed him at lunch, or just hang out with him for a little while! I'm very excited about this, but it comes at a cost: Amanda has to return to full-time work next week.

We also crossed another threshold this weekend, when Alastair spent his first night in his own room. The first night, Saturday night, was kind of difficult. We'd had a cook-out for Jeff & Evelyn, and he was keyed up from all the company. We put him down at about 9pm, and he was up at 11. Then he was up at 4:30am, 6:30am, and finally let us sleep in until about 9.

The next night he slept like a champ, from 9pm to 7am, with never a peep. He's now successfully completed 4 nights in his own crib, and the bassinet has been disassembled.

In a week or so, we'll start working on leaving him un-swaddled at night.

I love my little guy!!! He's such a cutie.

No comments: