Friday, February 17, 2006

Freakin' weather.

So I was scheduled to play tomorrow. The rally season opener. I've been looking forward to it for a long time, and had convinced others to come and play, too.

The weather has been so perfect this week that Saturday's forecast seems ludicrous: they're calling for snow. Snow. WTF? How is it that we have 3 days of ~70 degrees, followed by one day of snow? How is that fair? And why does that one day have to be the same day as the season opener?

I've spent the whole week prepping the car, going over rally information, getting people excited, and now I have to look like a chump. This makes me very angry. Or at least very disappointed. Or maybe just depressed. I don't know; it's probably a combination of all three.

Weather Gods, I shake my upturned fists at thee, with middle fingers stretched to their utmost limits.

In other news, Amanda and I have a date tonight. Her parents are coming over to watch Alastair for a couple of hours so that we can have some husband-wife time, which is very important when you have a little baby.

We're going to start with a nice food-brick from Chipotle, and then just walk around somewhere. It will be perfect, and though the rally has been cancelled for me, this is the one thing I've been looking forward to all week.

No comments: