Friday, April 29, 2005

Inventory time...

Forget the crap in the side-bar!

Movies

Theater:

Just saw: Sin City - This one's going to take a while to digest. I liked it, but it was really long and just damned odd.
Next up: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - I'm so excited about this one that I'm reading the book for the 3rd time.

Netflix:

Just saw: Spanglish - I really connected with this movie, and was super impressed with Adam Sandler. Good to see that he could settle down long enough to make this kind of film
Next up: I honestly can't remember what we have, but "Dawn of the Dead" is coming today. Woohoo!

Music

Lots of good stuff has come out recently, and I've been digging the following:

Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Franz Ferdinand (hey, it's new to me)
Beck - Guero
Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze

Amanda bought the Scissor Sisters album, but I haven't heard much of it.

Books

Rereading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (3rd read, but I know: it's redundant...)

TV

Praising God that rerun season starts in just a few weeks! In the meantime:

Lost
ER
Desperate Housewives

Browsing

Dilbert - and various other linked comics
Slashdot - News for Nerds, Stuff that matters. IT's best compendium of news.
Fark - News for freaks, stuff that doesn't matter. Great compendium of "news of the strange".
Richmond Times Dispatch - Local news
The greatest blog ever - Darth Vader finally decided to document his thoughts.

No comments: