Monday, January 07, 2008

Health Scores for 2008!

Off to a roaring start, we are! (So, technically this started in the last week of '07, but it's still playing out now, so suck it)

Alastair:
Bad cold
Double ear infection
radial head subluxation (nursemaid's elbow - 3-hour stint in the Emergency Room)

Adrian:
Bad cold
Acute bronchitis

Amanda:
Nothing! I swear, I spend all night long coughing on her, Alastair gets his snot all over her, and she's fine. What gives?

On a different not altogether, I listened to my 12th Night CD for the first time today (read wife's blog for the full story, or catch the footnote at the end). Mine was made by P'Nut, and while I didn't recognize many of the artists on the sleeve, I've been pleased. I expected more of a club-music feel, given what I remember of some of P'Nut's parties, but all in all it's fairly mainstream. The tone starts a bit longingly, with several songs about dissatisfaction in love, but then picks up a really party tempo in the middle.

Unfortunately I had the windows down on the way home, so I really wasn't able to focus on the tunes toward the end of the mix, but shockers included one Paris Hilton tune (not my speed) and one from a string quartet. I hope to listen to it again tomorrow, and hopefully I'll find some deeper purpose to the arrangement of tunes. Or maybe not. Who knows?

I really dig the 7-11 song, and Dame Shirley Bassey's cover of "Get the Party Started."

Footnote: This year's 12th Night party had an admission fee: a mix CD. Theme, no theme, whatever. I'm waiting for a reply from Mr. Gohlke before posting about my own mix, but I plan to do so soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a cylon. That explains it.

JamieSmitten said...

My mix cd created by K-Shu (Federline is so 2007) is just downright odd. And sensitive.