Monday, December 10, 2007

MINI v. Windshields

So far it's MINI: 3, windshields: 0.

Friday morning, while backing out of my driveway, I heard a gut-wrenching crunch sound. I knew the car had flexed, and that the sound had come from the windshield. I couldn't find any cracks, though, so I forgot about it.

Until this morning, that is, when the crack peered out from behind the inspection sticker (ironic placement, no?).

So far, I've lost a windshield each of the last 3 years. That's hot.

The next reasonably warm stretch of days will find me with a host of tools pulling all the after-market suspension stuff out of the car. I don't know that they're the ultimate source of the stress, but I'm just tired of this crap. I'd just trade it in, but the MINI I want is hard to find, and while I keep eyeing a Mazda(speed) 3, the range of options just isn't very inspiring.

Grrr.

No comments: